Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A Heartbroken Country Music Fan, Am I

I found myself yesterday, like many others, walking through the day in a haze. 
The carnage that occurred Sunday night in Las Vegas is unfathomable. 
I can't even to begin to understand the pure evil inside a person that is capable of ruining so many lives.
I don't understand some of the comments that floated around social media alluding to the notion that country music fans are expendable.
I am sick of labels being placed on everyone and that the chosen label somehow justifies whatever the current topic of conversation is.
The only thing that I care about is how people treat each other.
Their acts of kindess or depravity should be the defining factor on how they are seen and labeled.
In my humble opinion.
I finally turned off the TV from the background and cranked my stereo to block out the ugliness.
I also put off writing this blog post.
Yesterday, I almost felt guilty for having had a great weekend.
At a country music concert.
With my family from which we all returned home safely.
But, I heard Garth Brooks make a statement that Country Music must go on. 
He called on his fellow entertainers to continue with their concerts because the fans need an escape.
And music has the power to begin the healing.
So...I will do my part.
First of all, our college girl came home with her friend.
To attend a Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert in Bakersfield.
As it turned out, there were 16 of us in our group of family and friends who are family.
As it also turned out, my nephew drives for a limo company and helped secure our mode of transportation.
It was nice
And a lot of fun.
LPP became fast friends with Mollie their freshman year and it is nice to have another daughter in the family.
For those of you who may not know, Bakersfield was the home of Merle Haggard and Buck Owens.  Old school country.
A fact that was not lost on Mr. McGraw.

While there were songs I missed hearing at the concert, I must say that the chemistry these two have for each other is electric.
It was fun to watch.
I must confess, though...having these three ask me to take their picture, did this Mama's heart good.
One's babies have a way of doing that.
May God Bless you all.

No comments: