Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My Take on Fish Tacos

While I truly enjoy a crunchy, batter dipped, piece of fish or shrimp in a warm tortilla, I have never been successful in making them like that.
So...I improvise. 
These are tasty and MUCH healthier.
I simply sprinkle a fair amount of seafood seasoning over both sides of the fish filets. 
This is what I am currently using, but Old Bay would be good too. 

I then put the fish in a preheated, 425* oven for 10-12 minutes.
After 10 minutes, test for flakiness.
If not quite there, another minute or two is all it will take.
While the fish is baking, I make my Mom's special sauce.
Note the VERY specific measurements.
A generous spoon of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
(I have used the light versions of both and it works well)
Add a squirt of Siracha and the same amount of Sweet Thai Chili Sauce.
(Start with about 1/2 cup of the dairy and 1 tsp. each of the sauces...adjust to your liking)
Mix.
Spread a line of the sauce in the center of a small tortilla, layer the fish in and top with shredded cabbage.
OR...be like me and add the sauce and fish to a piece of butter lettuce and top with diced jicama.
Yum.



No comments: