Saturday, July 22, 2017

An easy and Tasty Supper

After dinner last night, I promised SPF that I would write down the recipe. 
What I thought was pretty basic, throw together at the last minute supper, she thought was superb.
She was amazed that I didn't follow a recipe. 
I'm not sure it I should take that as a compliment or not.
Anyway...here is what I did.
I was making a batch of my favorite turkey sausage and kept four of the patties out of the freezer. 
I browned the mixture over high heat to get a nice carmalization happening. 
I then put the cooked meat into a food processor for just a sec. 
I can never seem to get small crumbles otherwise.
I popped the meat back into the hot pan (heat turned off) and added a diced zucchini and two smallish seeded, diced tomatoes.
I added 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and mixed together.  
I then simply divided the mixture and scooped into 4 cleaned portabella mushrooms and baked at 350* for 30 minutes.
I added a bit more cheese at this point and kept in the oven just until the cheese melted.
Voila!
Done.
And tasty.

No comments: