Tuesday, May 9, 2017

A Helpful Hint

My ramblings are simply that...ramblings...thoughts that go through my head.
Some make sense.
Others, not so much.
Feel free to stop right here and go elsewhere.
The ban California voters placed on single use plastic bags irritates me.

I wonder...do the new sturdy,  reusable plastic bags never end up in a landfill or in the waterways?
I wonder... does it take less resources to manufacture the more sturdy, reusable ones?

I wonder...when I forget my bags at home...or in the car and opt to buy another one, does my 10 cents REALLY go to help the entities that our ballot promised it would? 

Somehow, I doubt that one.
Call me cynical.
The California government has played me for a fool before.
I'm also not holding my breath that our additional road tax placed on gasoline will fix anything in my neck of the woods.
And THAT tax wasn't even placed before the voters.
I digress.
As a reminder to all of you out there who decide to NOT purchase yet another plastic bag, instead opting to carry your purchases to the car in your arms, that you get your car keys out of your purse before loading your loot.
You are welcome.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

At the moment, I don't pay for plastic bags. I know that will change soon. I do recycle some and some are used for trash bags.