Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Lumberjack and Homeless Birds

Last week, while I was mowing the lawn, I noticed this on the ground of one of the numerous trees that we lost over the past few years. 

As I investigated, I saw that birds had taken up residence.
  
Hubby brought out his handy dandy chainsaw on Saturday and went to town.



He was pretty sure one would fall into the dirt area behind the barn, but one can never be 100% sure.
I must say I was impressed.

 After the first one fell exactly where he wanted it to, he began on the 2nd tree. 
Again...exactly on top of the first one.
Lumberjack in the making.
Impressive!
The apartment complex that the woodpeckers had created was equally impressive. 
Good grief. 
  I fear they may move on to our half  dead (literally, split down the center) maple next.

But for now, the worst trees are gone, the wood is stacked and we have an area that looks suspiciously like a hitching post.

I wonder if that might come in handy one day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad to see that all was successful!