Thursday, January 12, 2017

Water!

We have water in the slough behind our home! 
It has not happened since 2010!!
There is not a lot, but there is some.

The slough is actually there for flood control. 
A way to release water from the lake up stream if needed.
We had a storm last weekend that bought rain, but was quite warm, melting the snow at the lower elevations, thus causing water releases from many lakes and reservoirs in California.
I find myself going to the pessimistic side of my brain for a moment...it's only January and the snow is already melting...
we should have been increasing water storage in the past to take advantage of a wet year...
Ughgh...it hurts my head. 
SO, I am going to savor this.
Savor the fact that watching our youngest and her friend laugh and play is a blessing.
The fact that the water found its way to us is a blessing.
It is doing nothing but helping the groundwater.
It is indeed a blessing that I am savoring. 
 

No comments: