Friday, January 13, 2017

Sweet Treats

Earlier this week, the doorbell rang...which living where we do, is unusual. 
As I opened it I discovered my sweet niece and her mama bearing treats.
Fresh lemons and grapefruit.
Now that may not seem like a big deal, but the thoughtfulness of it meant a lot.
It also meant a lot that they then took some to MY parents in town.
I  have juiced and zested the lemons for the freezer. 
I see Lemon Bars, Lemon Meringue Pie and Lemonade in our future.
Grapefruit Jelly is one of my all time favorites and have spent the last few minutes listening to the sweet sound of pinging jars.
This jelly has the most luscious pink color!
AND then....
a couple days later, the same two ladies delivered this.
Fresh Sweet Bread.
I have said before that my Mother in Law made the BEST Portuguese Sweet Bread on the planet.
Both of my sisters in law have been perfecting the art of this treat together.
They are succeeding.
It not only tasted delicious, it evoked memories of the past.
This has been a week of sweet treats.

No comments: