Thursday, January 19, 2017

Amused

I must say that I have missed having chickens around here. 
While these aren't allowed to free range like our last gaggle (yes, I know they are not a gaggle, but it's a fun word), they are still hilarious with their antics.
They will mow through a cantaloupe like they've not eaten in a month. 
They will approach the feed cup I had set down...first one...then several...and then all.....very quietly and stealth like before one bravely reaches out to peck at it.
They will all then fly and squawk and flap in fear...as I drop the camera and duck for cover. (Okay...the duck for cover is an exaggeration, but the rest is pretty spot on.)
SPF has named them all. 
I remember Ombre.
The rest, I know names, but not which one goes to who.
And since my daughter has been in SCICON (A Science/conservation camp) for the week, I cannot ask for clarification.


 While I will be thrilled to have them start laying eggs, for now I am content with being amused...and apparently, I am easily amused.
Happy Thursday!

No comments: