Thursday, October 20, 2016

A Look Back

I have a 5 week calendar hanging on the wall, on which I use to keep track of our lives.  
As I filled it in yesterday, I realized we are in the midst of a busy time.  
But in preparing this post,  I remembered just how much more busy life was in recent years. 
 If you are a parent of younger children and feel overwhelmed, under-appreciated and exhausted, I am here to tell you that is gets easier. 
It might always be busy, but you will begin to feel like a less frazzled human again.
I promise.

October 21, 2015
Tomorrow these two will no longer be 18.
They are great people and I am blessed to have them call me Aunt Jen.

October 20, 2014
We are harvesting our walnuts this week. 
Since we are the last ones in the area to do so  and there is no rain in the forecast, I am going to wash off the outside plants this weekend.  
I think they all might sing my praises and soak up the sun into their ever loving leaves.
This orchard was harvested about 4 weeks ago as they are an earlier variety of walnut than us.
Look at the difference in the trees and the girl.
 Holy Schmoly!!!!!

October 18, 2013
I love that my mom took the time to craft this letter to the nurses after Dad's surgery.
I wonder how often that happens.
It amazes me that my Dad is still so active.
We do credit some of it to the fact that he is partly bionic.

October 23, 2012
Whew!
Life is much less harried these days.


October 20, 2011
I am so glad we went to this.
We were just talking about this with my sister, who teaches on the base.
They don't see another one occurring there again.
It was fun.
It was loud and hot.
But amazing and patriotic and amazing and fun.
I loved it!
Can you tell?

October 21, 2010
Sure glad I survived this week and didn't lose and children!

October 23, 2009
And times have changed again.
I would rather be hung up by my toenails than be in the grocery store on a Friday night!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: