Thursday, October 13, 2016

A Look Back

 I do believe that October is one of my favorite months.  
Except for the first week of heat, it is rapidly becoming nice.  
The windows are open with a slight chill in the air. 
 The leaves are turning and falling, although they have been doing that for months due to the drought.
I can at least pretend for a few weeks that it is due to the season. 
 Here's a look back through the years.

October 13, 2015
We still have a couple months before this happens again, but boy am I looking forward to it!

October 13, 2014
It is again time for this worthy cause.
Check here to see where you can drop off your own box.
Collection week will  be here before you know it!

October 13, 2013
We have a chance for a bit of rain this weekend, although I am not convinced that the weather forecasters aren't playing mind games with us. 
 Regardless, I am doing my part with the decor, like I do each year.

October 15, 2012
SPF and I get to venture here again next week for a 4-H event.  
She loves the corn maze with friends and now that she is older, I get to wait outside and visit with the adult type people.

October 13, 2011
Teaching kidnicks how to cook is something that I enjoy doing.  
It is fun to see returning members each year and my challenge is to prepare things they have not made before.  
Our first meeting this year is next week. 
 I'll let you know how we do.

October 12, 2010
 No training wheels around here anymore. 
There are new walnut trees where the black eyed peas were as well as along our driveway and grapes and blueberries adjacent to that.

    We are indeed surrounded. 
 Pros and cons, as in everything.

October 14, 2009
I do like the less harried days with only one child at home now. 
Although, I am one who is still not opposed to scheduling naps.


Happy Thursday!

No comments: