Friday, September 23, 2016

The Final Hurrah


The Grand March is probably the most stressful part of the Festa for us. 
 Last year, trying to do things properly...which I didn't always do...this year, finding the line to be in the background as the outgoing queen's mom but helping if needed. 
 It was lovely, but I will say it is a relief when it is over.
For all of us.
 The girls slept well. 
 They had been laughing at Miss A last year, who rolled off the mattress and ended up on the cold tile floor.
 This year, Miss M. decided sleeping under the table was a good option.  
They were out.
Passed out. 
We all got dressed, fed and down to the pier on Sunday morning and the girls were ready.
Watching queens from other cities arrive and visiting is fun.


And of course the requisite posed shots.
I can not say enough good things about the Senior Queen and her family that we were with.  
They are all gracious, helpful, sweet and fun.  
We feel very lucky and blessed to have spent part of last year with them.
I did remember to take this shot to see how the girls have grown in a year.
I neglected, however, to have them in the same spot. 
Oh well.
These dresses were perfect, but would not have lasted another weekend size-wise.
Our girl is not the tallest anymore
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Hnpg_6chJOw/VeUdjgOXNtI/AAAAAAAAbec/t8lGJCzdL7o/s1600/IMG_2727%255B1%255D.JPG
August 2015
August 2016



Then there are the pics that your lovely teenage daughter took for you.






And you threaten her within an inch of her ever loving mind, because...really....there comes a time when super duper close ups are just not enjoyable to see.
That time arrived.

 



I mean, really?
Let's get this show on the road.
Right, girls?

 
Mass was lovely for the most part and the priest, who had been ill, has happy to be able to be present.  
I like him.
It is so nice to have this Festa be so well attended. 
 It is huge! 
Not just the queens, but the people lining the street all along the parade route.
Onward to the Festa Grounds.


The girls became officially, old news.
They changed into comfy sundresses and were able to enjoy the Sopas.
Which were delicious.
Miss A's grandparents (whom I have asked to adopt me) would be taking her home to the valley and Miss M's parents were taking her. 
Good byes were said and thank yous given. 
 Friendships strengthened.




There are so many things running through my mind about this year and I am sure you will be privy to them soon, but for now, this.
I have said it before, but I believe it even more strongly now.
These three young ladies represented St. Anthony Pismo Beach with grace...with honor...with respect and with love.
Traveling and getting dressed up and marching in parades may not have always been what they wanted to do on a weekend or over summer vacation,  but I NEVER heard a complaint.
 I never saw a face without a smile when they were on display. 
I could not be more proud of them.
 L and K, Q and D and B and D... 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your girls so willingly.
You blessed us and our girl.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think everyone looks wonderful. What an excellent tradition that your daughter/family is able to participate in. Great memories made, for sure.