Thursday, August 4, 2016

A Look Back

I am completely uncertain where the last month has gone.
Seriously, if you know, please share.
It dawned on me with a rush of panic last Thursday, that SPF would be starting school in exactly 2 weeks.
It also occurred to me that only one pair of shorts she has actually meet the school's dress code. 
Not that she is running around in shorty shorts, but they are not long enough for school.
I am glad she attends a school that still cares about modesty and enforces the rules.
But....
I don't care for shopping.
We miraculously hit two stores and were done. 
That is MY kind of school shopping.
And one less thing on my to do list for the month.
A fun dinner party is happening this weekend.
 I am hoping to dust off my camera and share some things soon.
For now, here's a look back.
 
August 4, 2015
I am working on locating another set of steps.
This time in a country that my paternal great, great grandfather walked upon.
 Before emigrating to the United States.
If everything works out the way it does in my mind's eye, photos will be taken.
Fingers crossed.
 
August 4, 2014
This place has power over me. 
 Just re-reading the post has be tearing up and feeling calm all at once. 
How is that possible?
(I goofed in the 2nd sentence...my Dad and one sibling came from S.D.
My Aunt was born in California...oops)
 
August 5, 2013
Our water situation has only improved because of the new agriculture well we dug.
And even that is not perfect.
The domestic one is sleeping...we hope it will wake up again someday soon. 
We are still filling up a 2,500 gallon tank for the house.
It's a pain to even have to think about, but again...we are fortunate.
We are fortunate.
We are fortunate. 
Keep repeating this phrase.
 
August 1, 2012
This post reminds me that even in the hottest of summer, beauty resides. 
After nearly 2 weeks of triple digits, I tend to forget that.
 
August 4, 2011
This remains one of my favorite camping trips
 The scenery...the special friends who are always in our hearts and the fun we had.
Diane driving us around one night in search of bears.
Bruce and Armando telling tales.
Some taller than others.
The laughter.
The memories that our children still talk about.
It was doggone near perfection.
 
August 4, 2010
Every year, as I watch the olives fall, I still think...I should give curing them a go again.
I haven't.
 
August 7, 2009
A favorite song.
And favorite girls.
 
Happy Thursday!
 
 

No comments: