Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It Was a Monday

Monday.
Yesterday lived up to its ugly reputation on many levels.
I will say that it was all silly, inconsequential stuff.
Nothing serious.
Just Monday stuff.
The day began when the kitchen garbage bag that I had removed from the trash compactor the night before being covered in ants. 
 As well as the cabinet door that is was resting against.
And the solid, several ant-wide line from said cabinet, across the kitchecn floor...onto the dining floor to the living room floor by the fireplace. 
 Remember the children's song...

The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching two by two, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching three by three,
The little one stops to climb a tree
And they all go marching down to the ground
To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
The ants go marching four by four, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching five by five, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching six by six,
The little one stops to pick up sticks
And they all go marching down to the ground
To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
The ants go marching seven by seven, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching eight by eight, hurrah, hurrah
The ants go marching nine by nine,
The little one stops to check the time
And they all go marching down to the ground
To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
 
.....it was nothing like that.
 It was also nothing this this fantastic shot that my sister took of her cute little ants on a sunflower. Nothing at all.

 
I then went out to put the case of water in the fridge to discover...or remember...that the water was on the floor of the garage in the first place because there were numerous bags of shucked corn that I needed to cut off the cob for the freezer and there was no room
Fine.
Brought in umpteen bags and set them in the sink because I am still not convinced the ants are gone from the counter.
Back to the garage fridge to rearrange and get water stashed.
Then I got some hair brained idea to clean out the glass cabinets and shelves in the bar area.
They were dusty and messy and bugging me.
(Guess it was just a buggy kind of day)
Pulled all of it out...organized the glasses by type and got everything to fit.
Got rid of junk. 
The last shelf over the sink was hung and several items on it when a peg that holds said shelf fell out.  I saved the shelf....
SPF came to my aid by way of my frantic yells and moved unbroken items from the shelf that I was holding...
...straddling shattered glass...
because I don't like shoes. 
Yeah. 
 Got all but the tiniest shards removed before taking heavy glass shelf to kitchen sink to rinse off. Remember the corn?
Yup
 Still there.
I told a friend of mine that I considered just going back to bed and hunker under the covers...but my skin was still crawling from the ants in my mind.
Lesson learned.
Do not leave the trash bag in the kitchen wondering how long until someone takes it out.
 And Tuesday is here.
Yeehaw!!!

No comments: