Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Fun Stuff



I love when a friend,
who has the perfect spot to see my girl perform her band solo,
 snaps a picture and sends it to me.
I also love the fact that this solo was my favorite hymn.
Tradition at our school is the annual band trip the day after the band concert.
Six Flags Magic Mountain.
When Chris and LPP were in the band, there was another couple with whom we would take turns riding the bus down and acting as chaperones.
This band is made up of 4th-8th graders and as a parent of a younger child, the ride home can seem endlessly long and loud.
Since LPP is home for the summer, I asked if she'd like to drive in our quiet car and come with me. SPF would ride the bus down and we'd bring her home with us.
She agreed and off we went.
SPF had never been before, because I didn't let her go last year.
Mean mom that I am.
Anyway, much of Magic Mountain is geared toward bigger kids.
They have some wild roller coasters and while SPF says she likes them, she is not entirely convinced on all of them.
She does, however, adore spinning circle rides.
 Even the swings nearly make me nauseous watching them go around.
And around.
And around.








Studying the map of the New Colossus, convinced SPF and her friend that maybe this was not the ride for them. 
They waited for us at the exit gate and I must say they made a smart choice.
It was fantastic and scary!


The day was perfect and for some reason, there was no crowd at all. 
There were some school groups, but nothing like I've seen in the past.
Many rides had  no people in line.
It was great!
 
There were a couple coasters that SPF didn't care for, but all in all, she was a trooper and has fun.

LPP went on one last roller coaster ride with old friends while SPF went on yet another spinny thing and I got to spend the day with two of my favorite people.


 
And to cap off a great day, we got in our car...not the school bus....and had dinner together, which SPF deemed the best thing she has ever eaten.
Crab and Mac & Cheese Enchiladas.




















Fun Stuff!


No comments: