Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Look Back

Yet another week has passed and more things have been checked off of my May list.
I'm feeling more in control.
A bit.
Here is this week's look back.
 
May 17, 2015
In the year since my Mother in Law went to Heaven, we have seen her legacy continue.
 One grandchild will become her first college graduate tomorrow,
And another will preside over her local Festa this weekend. 
She is smiling down on all of us.

May 19, 2014
The fact that this past week was our baby's third year competing in the local fair leaves me feeling incredulous. 
I was talking to a friend yesterday about what to do with the entries after the fair. 
The photos will probably be entered in our County Fair this fall, but the cakes?
  Not so much.
They come home filthy and in some cases, damaged.  
Storing them in a location that won't get bumped or jostled can be challenging.
 SPF decided that tossing it would be the best bet.
So photos were taken and Waste Management will arrive shortly and take it away. 
 Sad, but a necessary truth.
 
 
May 17, 2013
This post really hit home by how much my relationship with our son has grown in just the past 3 years. 
I won't lie...high school with Chris was hard.
We are so different and yet so very similar.
I could go on and on with details, but for now...looking back on this Thursday, I am simply proud to played a part in the raising of him.
And for not sending him to Siberia.

May 19, 2012
 
 May 17, 2011
Good Golly Miss Molly.
It was a very good year at the fair.
 
May 19, 2010
If asked these same questions today, I would answer exactly the same way.
Except for the most recent vacation.
The beach would be our most recent, but there may be more on the horizon.
Maybe.
Fingers crossed.

May 20, 2009
Having our kidnicks growing up and moving on has eased the mass sobbing at awards assemblies of years past.
And the embarrassment.
 
Happy Thursday.
 
 
 

No comments: