Thursday, April 14, 2016

A Look Back

I know that I am always prattling on about time flying past, but it is and looking back each Thursday amplifies that fact, but it also brings the memories back to the forefront of my mind.
 
April 13, 2015
Holidays and family gatherings always change when a key member is no longer with us. 
This year's Easter was the first without my mother in law and I am reminded that we always need to just be in the present moment. 
They are too fleeting to ignore.


 
April 14, 2014
SCICON is a pretty special place we have in our foothills.
Next year, SPF will spend a week there just as I did when I was in the 6th grade.
This year, as 5th graders, they took a one day field trip to see what it was all about.
This was back in the fall and was a great day!
 
 April 13, 2013
Spring has definitely sprung as it always seems to do about this time of year.
 Imagine that!
I do wish the maples were bursting in full leaf this year....they be sick.
 Makes me sad.
 
April 15, 2012
The 4-H Fair has arrived once again and I will be delivering photos, a Decorated Cake and a heavenly tasting chocolate cake this evening for judging.
 
April 14, 2011
The wisteria's full, glorious bloom  was a month ago this year. 
 Now it is leafy and green. 
I wonder if that foretells, in some age old tale, what our summer will be like.
My fingers are crossed for temps in the 80's all summer.
Yes, I will keep dreaming.
 
April 12, 2010
This was a fun night!
May I just say that these two little, itty bitty girls are both finishing their freshman years in college?
What?
How?
When?
 
April 13, 2009
This was back when Sugar Plum Fairy (SPF) was Peach Blossom.
Yes, I am odd.
We have raised butterflies several times since and it never gets old. 
So much fun.
 
Happy Thursday!
 



No comments: