Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Truism

With the series finale of Downton Abbey on this evening, I thought I would share some of my favorite truisms this Sunday.



Oh Dear. Have you gone and swallowed a dictionary?

It’s true I think a woman’s place is eventually in the home, but there isn’t much harm in her having some fun before she gets there. 
 
 A lack of compassion can be as vulgar as an excess of tears.
 
No guest should be admitted without the date of their departure settled.
 
I wish men would worry about our feelings a quarter as much as we worry about theirs.
 
 Vulgarity is no substitute for wit.
 
We all have chapters we would rather keep unpublished
 
What is the point of living if we don't let life change us?
 
All life is a series of problems which we must try and solve.
 
Stop whining and find something to do.
 
And possibly the most romantic thing I have ever heard.....

I love her, Mrs. Patmore. I am happy and tickled and bursting with pride that she would agree to be my wife. And I want us to live as closely as two people can for the time that remains to us on earth.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Such a wonderful show. I am sorry to see it end.