Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I Love Me Some Beets...and My New Blender

Have you seen the infomercials for the Ninja Coffee Bar thingy? 
With our old machine on life support and my Keurig being pronounced dead, we were in the market and were sucked in. 
The return policy for the coffee maker was the selling point...we could try it and if "for any reason, we were not 100% satisfied," we could return it. 
We weren't, so we did. 
 BUT as a free gift for trying the coffee maker, we would be able to keep the free gift a Ninja Nutri-Blender contraption. 
 I really like it. 
 It whips up smoothies in a flash and makes soups super smooth and creamy. 
 
I recently found a recipe for beet soup, but can not remember where in order to give credit. 
 Sorry about that.
I roasted the beets, but did not cook the carrot as is my other Beet Soup recipe.
So simple. 
I like this soup at room temp, but feel free to heat it if you like.
 
Not Jen's Beet Soup
1 large or 3 small beets, roasted and peeled
1 carrot, chopped to fit blender
1/2 avocado
1 TBL apple cider vinegar
pinch (or more if you are brave) cayenne
1 cup water
 
Seriously, throw all into blender and pulse until super smooth. 
 
 
I like a bit of crunch as well, so I top my bowl with a few chia seeds...poppyseeds might be nice as well.
I've asked this before...are you a beet lover?
I am.


No comments: