Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Look Back

This post was written last Thursday.
I neglected clicking on "POST".
Ooops.
 
My grand plan was to leave the Christmas Tree up until last weekend when the Christmas season was truly over.
But, as I watched the lovely, sparkling lights on it a few evenings ago, I noticed the tree had a slightly brown tinge to it. 
Upon further examination, I realized it was crispy as well. 
Fire hazard.
 So out it went.

Here is a look back at the past years.
 
January 7, 2015
 Getting back to normal after Christmas is always refreshing.
It seems like a fresh start that I relish. 
Each of our kidnicks have been given a new ornament every Christmas. 
 This year, I sorted through and separated them. 
There will come a time when our kiddos will have a tree of their own.
 When that happens, I will be able to contribute special memories.


January 7. 2014
This love story still touches my heart and makes me tear up.

January 7, 2013
People watching and reading is still preferable to me than skiing.

January 6, 2012
I still adore catching our girls laughing and playing together. 
These are the same two girls whom I caught 4 years ago here.
This time, they were spying on our German Shepherd and kitten napping together
as well as working on a school project.

 
January 7. 2011
I will always remember this ski trip.
I could hunker down there all winter long and be happy.

January 7, 2010
Way back in the dark ages before Pinterest...or a home computer, I made these ornaments for my apartment. 
I think I put a few drops of oil based paint in water and dunked the orbs.
  I then hung them, from fishing line, under the kitchen cabinets that separated the kitchen from the living room.
I was so proud of myself.
Happy Thursday!
 
Orrrrr, Wednesday.







1 comment:

Michelle said...

I confess I didn't wait until the season was officially over. We always did that when I was growing up. Now, I just can't wait to get the house cleaned up.