Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Look Back

This December feels different to me somehow. 
I have gifts well under control for once. 
 I have not over extended myself at all and that is truly making a huge difference.
 
December 12, 2014
Mom celebrated her 2nd Birthday earlier this week. 
 The joy I feel, has not changed since last year.
 
December 10, 2013
I am so pleased that we have chosen to have a live Christmas Tree again
 As easy as the artificial ones are, it's just not the same.
 
December 10, 2012
As SPF and I were decorating the Christmas tree this year, we came across the Mickey Mouse Ornaments. 
She immediately, unprompted, remembered when and precisely where they were purchased. 
 It was on this trip and she told me we got them after "that AMAZING light and water show".
Good memory, that girl.
 
December 8, 2011
I had forgotten that we did this.
So much has happened since that post. 
The lady for whom the food was prepared is healthy again and is actually the one I contacted after Mom's first surgery for guidance and information. 
The mutual friend that I called is sadly,  no longer with us. 
The kids that helped prepare the food are all in college or working. 
Time passes so quickly and is so very unpredictable.
 
December 12, 2010
Looking back 5 years ago, several things strike me in the photos
 First,  our orchard is not gorgeous yellow this week and the trees are neked. 
 
 
Most of the leaves dropped already and have turned brown, although the orchard across the road is carpeted in yellow.
Next, SPF doesn't skip like that anymore and the field where the tractor is, now is a walnut orchard.
Time does indeed pass and things change quickly.
 
December 15, 2009
While there is a scant amount of snow in the mountains right now, more is said to be on the way.  Would love to see them looking like this soon.
 
Happy Thursday!
 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad to hear things are going well. I have some gifts to buy, but not feeling too overwhelmed myself.