Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Look Back

November seems to be the month that speeds by faster than the rest.
The anticipation of Thanksgiving and my self made promise that the Christmas shopping will be done in order to enjoy ALL of December.
Maybe this will be the year.

November 5, 2014
Perfect autumn days....not much beats 'em.
Especially this year with a bit of rain.
 
November 5, 2013
It's no secret that I am a fan and strong supporter of 4-H.
When I was the Mini Member Leader, I had the task of introducing the younger kidnicks to what 4-H could offer them.
Not all projects were great successes, but I think they had fun and learned something. 
This year, I have two of those kidnicks in my Cooking Project.
 Seems I might have done something right...or at least not terribly wrong!

November 5, 2012
Eight seems like so long ago! 
I do believe, however, that this girl's best birthday gift ever will arrive tomorrow.

November 4, 2011
Harvesting walnuts around here is big time stuff.
As is proven my the number of photos and videos I take every year.
Every year, I feel as though it is the first time.
They arrived on a Friday evening this year and then finished up Saturday morning.
Thankfully, we had received a small cleansing rain the previous week, so the leaves were clean-ish.
But in the end, there is just no way around the dust.




This year, we did have an addition task.
A dove was discovered in the orchard. 
I was not certain he would make it, but our little girl was. 
 And sure enough, after several hours of food, water, love and solitude, he flew away.


This man has been here every harvest since we moved here.
He is always friendly.

Although he was a bit dumbfounded when he realized the 6'2" man hanging around was actually our Shaggy. 
When we moved in, Chris was SPF's age.
Yikes!
 
November 2, 2010
It is interesting how the way one sees things can be altered forever by one moment. 
 In the past 5years, I have never gotten our mail from my car again. 
  After a rain, I notice the fog lines on the road in front of our house more clearly and can still visualize the tire tracks in the mud leading to the impact.
But when I think of how much worse that night could have been, I am forever grateful.
 Life as we knew it could have been altered forever...not just the way I get my mail.

On a side note, do you know of the country
singing duo Joey and Rory?
If so, you are probably aware of the struggle they are facing.
Will you join in at 5pm CST tonight and pray Joey's Prayer?
 

No comments: