Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Look Back

Fall is most definitely in the air around here. 
The days are still in the 80*'s but the nights cool down into the 50*'s and that is such a welcome relief. 
Sitting outside in the evening when all is quiet, I can hear walnuts falling from the trees. 
It's a comforting sound.
 Harvest is just days away and that is a good feeling. 
 It will mean we survived one more year with little water. 
 Definitely something to be thankful for.
 
October 23, 2014
Making my own laundry detergent is definitely a money saver and something I forgot to send with LPP when she left for college. 
Last month, after she had washed her clothes in a commercial brand sample she received in the mail, she had a skin reaction.
It took us a few days of calls and texts to  realize what the problem was.
I then shipped her some of my stash. 
All is well again.

October 22, 2013
It is no secret that I adore books. 
 It is more of a secret that I have always missed having big, built in book shelves in this house. 
While making my own detergent is cost effective, it doesn't save enough for wall to wall bookcases.  Last summer, I came across some shelves that I decided might work until I hit the lottery. 
My husband was kind enough to humor me and hung the tracks last week, even though he is not as convinced as I.
 
  It is a work in progress, but so far, I am super thrilled. 
Can't wait to finish it and share with you. . 
Chris did tell me I needed to take the price stickers off the brackets though. 
Picky, picky.
I will also need to revisit this book list.
 
October 23, 2012
Boy, am I enjoying this season of only one child at home.
Well, not exactly the one child at home part, but the drastic reduction of places to be and things to do that are required of Mamas with two kidnicks in high school. 
Good grief, it was busy. 
Apparently so busy that I purchased the wrong initial for my nephew's gift. 
And the fact that I didn't notice that it was wrong until I saw this picture...three years later.
Should have been a "B". 
At least his last name begins with "P"....
I am also enjoying the fact that my Dad's heart surgery was a success 3 years ago and that he an Mom just returned from a trip in which they DROVE to Albuquerque and witnessed the balloon festival.
So very awesome!
 
http://www.balloonfiesta.com/guest-guide/faqs
 
October 20, 2011
I have always had a love for airplanes. 
 I wanted to be a stewardess when I was a little girl (back in the day when they weren't called flight attendants).
I  loved going to the airport with my parents to watch the USFS air tankers be loaded and take off. 
 I remember picking Chris up from school when he was in 1st grade and racing to the airport to sit on the road at the end of the runway to watch a tanker take off over our heads.
(I also remember my Dad telling me to NOT do that again. The end of the runway is where pilots will dump their load if a problem arises.  I hadn't thought of that)
I remember parking at the START of the runway on Terceira to watch the cargo planes land at the Air Force Base. 
 
http://www.lajes.af.mil/main/welcome.asp
 
THAT was cool.
Getting to attend this air show was a no brainer. 
 I adored it!

October 21, 2010
Again, I don't miss being this busy

October 23, 2009
I have now passed the phase that was on the conveyor belt.
I would like to get back to the days of romantic Friday night dinners though..
 
Happy Thursday!

 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you are at least surviving. I cannot imagine how hard it is without rain.