Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Cooking Again

I couldn't stay away. 
After 2 years of not being a 4-H Cooking leader, I'm back.
I always enjoyed doing it, but scheduling the meetings around my own high school daughter's events was difficult. 
Now, I can make the time and not feel any guilt. 
 I have put a maximum number of kidnicks in the project this year as well.
(Older and wiser) 
I need it to be at a number that is safe as well as a number in which all will be able to help and participate. 
SPF is also old enough to be my Junior Leader this year, so it is a win win. 
 We have been brain-storming on what to teach.
 Basics like how to boil an egg...how to make rice...how to make commonly purchased processed foods from scratch easily.
 I am still fine tuning each meeting to incorporate learning and fun.
That's what cooking should be. 
 Fun.
The earlier children learn the basics of preparing healthy food, the better and there is really nothing intimidating about the kitchen.
Looking back on your cooking experience, what is the most important thing you learned?
What has been the most valuable to you?

1 comment:

klutzymama said...

Awesome! Valuable skills you are teaching them!