Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Look Back

July 23, 2014
I was so proud of last year's garden bounty.
This year, there is none at all, but visiting our little, local Farmer's Market is a sweet consolation. 
 We picked up peaches, red and yellow maters and a white eggplant to try.
We also discovered a new pluot...the Flavor Grenade. 
 Yummy!
 I sure hope the market has been successful enough to continue after next week. 
 The vendors are friendly, helpful and are truly a great addition to our town.

 
 
July 23, 2013
Helping one or all of the kidnicks make a special International Dinner has been one of my favorite summer activities over the years. 
 Having SPF contact her Aunt Molly in Norway to help her decide on a menu is a treasured memory. This year, she is deciding on an area that we have visited together as a family. 
 I think I see fresh pasta in our future.

July 23, 2012
Planning an International Dinner had better get a wiggle on though.
The start of school is down to 3 weeks again this year.
  Arrrghghgh....
I STILL hold onto my belief that school should begin after Labor Day!

July 23, 2011
While there was no camping this summer for us, this remains one of my favorite things.
Solitude.
Solitude with some of my favorite people.
We were able to visit with two of the best people on the planet in a meadow that was pretty close to perfection.
Precious memories.
 
July 25, 2010
In just a few short year, SPH went from loving books like this to being a member of her school's "Millionaire Club".
These other two young ladies are her Attendants in the Portuguese Festas.
 

July 22, 2009
I was just sharing this tale of woe with a friend. 
Funny stuff.
 
Happy Thursday!
 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Solitude is so important. We all need that quiet time in life.