Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Look Back

I feel that I am finally getting the summer "must do's" under control around here.
 The preparations for the Portuguese Celebration in August are under control, although I think I must be pestering a couple helpful ladies beyond measure.
  I am hoping they continue to answer their phones.
I am determined to have everything done by June 30 so I can focus on Lollipop Pop and her college prep. 
She will leave the week following the Celebration.
I am hoping to survive this summer with my sanity in tact.
 That is assuming it was in tact prior to this summer, and I am not certain of that.
Let's take a look back over the years.
 
June 25, 2014
Last year, while the girls and I were spending time at the beach, we took Amtrak down the coast to Santa Barbara for the day. 
This chalk art at the Mission was impressive! 
With Lollipop Pop attending college in Santa Barbara next year, she will get you see this each year. 
Very cool.
 
June 28, 2013
While baseball was not the highlight of our vacation for all of the girls, it was certainly was for the boys.


June 25, 2012
This upgrade changed my wrapping world.
It still looks neat and works very well.

June 26, 2011
Beginning my summer vacation with these girls was always one of my favorite parts of the year.  This year, we will be joined by two more girls.
Only one night this time, but I am sure it will be filled with laughter and fun.
 
June 23, 2010
 This cruise will go down in our family history as the best trip ever.
 One of these days, since I found the camera card (3 years later) I need to make the time to chronicle it properly.
In one direction, the train takes you to Nice.
In the other direction, Monte Carlo.
We did both.
Villefrance
 
June 21, 2009
Each year, these guys are in abundance.
 I make food constantly in the summer.
 
 
 I love looking back.
 

1 comment:

twistedfencepost said...

My youngest will be starting college this year also. I am trying to keep my mind as occupied as possible to keep empty nest syndrome from taking over my emotions.
One day I will take a train ride!
Maybe it would be safer to have an extra feeder. One to hang while the other is being washed and refilled.
I still haven't found that spot behind the door. ;(