Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Look Back

Even though the school calendar states vacation, we are still going a mile a minute with commitments and tasks.
Next Thursday is the day I plan on lounging and relaxing.
 For now, let's take a peek back.
 
June 4, 2014
What a difference a year makes.
 Exactly one year ago, I took Lollipop Pop and my niece to visit colleges
One of these is where my girl will be attending in a couple months.
It is still outrageously expensive, but her hard work for scholarships and our love of rice and beans is making it do-able.

June 4, 2013
School has been out for almost a week this year.
 I adored this teacher for both our ours girls. 
She is tough and loving to the kidnicks and remains a favorite to both.

June 4, 2012
I still find it amazing how much my weight prior to thee years ago impacted everything...even experiencing new things with my girls

June 5, 2011
Four years ago, I was bragging about Lollipop Pop's 8th grade class and as seniors, they remained remarkable. 
Our small elementary school is able to award former student scholarships due to a generous donation years ago. 
Of the original 32- 8th grade students, we issued scholarships to nearly half of those who had maintained at least a 3.0 GPA throughout high school.
Three of those had 4.0 or higher. 
 In this state, those percentages are pretty darn good and we are proud of them for their hard work to  succeed.

June 4, 2010
There are times that raising teens has its challenges.
I'm glad we did not have to make this trip.

June 7, 2009
Being able to pack op the kids and head to the beach has been a blessing for us. 
Spending days with them where no bickering came into play was always an added perk.
This trip remains one of my favorites.

No comments: