Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Savor

I have come to believe that time doesn't simply march on...it zooms past with the speed of lightening.  I must remind myself to keep my eyes open and my mind alert or life will flash past.
Tomorrow night, we will watch Lollipop Pop graduate from high school.
HIGH SCHOOL, people!
Wow.
How?
Already?
Eyes are open and I am reminding myself to breathe.
Savor.
 
May 29, 2009
I distinctly remember the night of Chris' 8th grade graduation. 
There was a storm a brewin'.
 The wind and rain waited to hit until the ceremony just ended and then it let loose. 
 Holy Moly!
Not a drop of rain in the forecast for tomorrow's event.
In fact the upper 90's are in store for us.



May 26, 2010
Erma Bombeck has always been a favorite of mine and her belief in house cleaning is one that I could not agree with more!
Not sure my family feels the same way though...bummer.

May 26, 2011
Birthdays are big around here and I was truly blessed this year as well. 
I felt the love from my family and friends on this...my final birthday in the 40's.
 See?
Time zooming past.
Breathe.
Savor.


May 29, 2012
For the first time in many years,  we are not beginning our summer vacation with a week at the beach. 
 In years past, the high school kidnicks got out of school a week earlier than Sugar Plum Fairy.
 I, on more than one occasion, attended the elementary school awards assembly and pulled her out for the rest of the week and we relaxed...just me and the kids for a few days. 
 I did feel badly on the one year that she received a perfect attendance award just prior to missing the last two days.
Ooops.

May 29, 2013
Chris' graduation was a moving evening for me.
Tomorrow is going to be as well as we witness these kiddos end one chapter of their lives to begin the next. 
 And guess what?
YOU will be the lucky recipients of all my photos and blather on the subject in the upcoming days!



May 29, 2014
I enjoy going back and reading this blog from time to time. 
Getting caught up in current day to day events, I forget what happened just last year. 
Last year, SPH learned about animals and created a display board.
This year it was missions....next year, states.
After that, who knows.
I am determined to stay wide awake and savor each moment. 
If I don't,  I will be decorating for our baby's Senior brunch in a heartbeat.
Yikes!

Breathe.
Open eyes.
Enjoy.
Repeat.




No comments: