Friday, May 1, 2015

Party Prep

It seems as though the prep for our girl's 18th birthday has been happening for a long time! 
Lollipop Pop and her best friend celebrated their 18th birthdays last week, two days apart. 
They thought it would be fun to have a party together. 
 The bestie is moving to South Dakota next month and college calls to our girl.
Several weeks ago, my niece took some terrific photos of these girls for their invitations.



The tissue paper tassel garland is done and staying untangled on the Christmas garland nails on the wall that never were taken down.

The burlap garland has been painted with greetings and then had its edges glued to prevent fraying which we discovered needed doing when we did a trial run of its placement for the party.
The centerpieces will have the girls' photos coming out the top and will be surrounded by candles and a few fresh flowers.























I actually tried my hand at making citronella candles.
I used some beeswax I had as well as melting old candles down with a crayon. 
  The only tip I have is don't let the double boiler go dry. 
 Your house will have the refreshing scent of burned pot.
 




For months and months, I have seen a house down the street with café style lights in their backyard.  It just looks festive. 
I told my hubby and son to take a look and see if we could wrangle something like that up in the yard. 
What they have created is beyond my dreams and I am thrilled! 

 
Some wire cutters and final touches to a cool ampersand sign I have.  


I touched up the worst spots in the pool with paint and it was filled yesterday while we irrigated the trees.
Will probably be pumping the water out again into the orchard when the party is over, but for now it is filled and offers a softer landing.

And our youngest was thrilled. 
Crazy, but thrilled!
I repainted this direction sign and am in love! 
 BUT I forgot to take a photo of it until after dark.
I'll share it soon.
 
I am excited to see if everything comes together like it looks in my mind.
Regardless, the girls will be happy and that is what counts.
 



No comments: