Saturday, April 18, 2015

Easy, Fast, Easy Dinner...Easy Too!

There are certain times of year that the last thing I want to think about is "what's for dinner".
There is just no extra time in the day. 
This is one of those times for me and I want to share a recipe with you that simply gets thrown into the crock pot, turned on and forgotten. 
 
 
The results?
Your house will smell like you have been slaving over the stove all day. 
 Dinner will be delicious and if you are lucky, there may be a couple drumsticks left over for the kidnick's lunches the following day!
The recipe came from my new best blogger buddy,  Gina at Skinnytaste.
Her photos are gorgeous so look at hers and not mine.
  BUT here you go.
 
I double the recipe (which are the measurements I show below) for my family and gently layer the 16 drumsticks in two alternating directions. 
 (To remove the skin, hold a paper towel in one hand and the drumstick in the other.
With the paper towel, grab the skin, pull  back toward the skinny end and voila!)
Season the drumsticks with garlic salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, mix together:

1/2 cup pure Maple syrup
4 TBL balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
Fresh cracked pepper

Pour this over top and cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours. 
 When I made it the first time without doubling it, 4 hours was perfect. 
 Because I am layering the chicken and creating more density in the crockpot, I put this in at noon for dinner by 6pm. 
Works perfectly. 
The sauce is terrific over rice or quinoa as well.
Let me know if you try this and what you think.

No comments: