Monday, April 20, 2015

Books

Books have been a part of my life as far back as I can remember. 
Our girls are the same way and I am so pleased for them.
 Books can transport you to a happy place in the times of sorrow. 
They can offer an ugly cry when your soul needs cleansing. 
They can teach history in a way you will remember past the school test on Friday.
They can offer insight that you did not know you needed. 
 I remember when I was 7 or 8 living in a teeny, tiny town in which my sister and I rode the school bus.
I would get up early and catch the bus as it went past my house on the way UP the hill to pick up most of the students.
Normal people (like my sister) caught the bus on the way DOWN the hill so they didn't have to be ready so early. 
I remember the bus driver's name was Shar...I think... and I plunked myself down on the empty bus and read. 
 I read the Little House books...I don't remember the kids getting on...I remember reading. 
 I told you I am not the normal sister.
Anyway, not much has changed except I now get car sick reading in a moving vehicle.
 I read before bed...I read waiting to pick kidnicks up from school. 
I read whenever the time allows and am always on the lookout for good books.
Michelle always has something good on her Kindle or other suggestions of some sort.
I just found these lists complied by professors as well as students for National Library Week. 
I can't wait to make some requests at my library.
 I will try to use restraint so this doesn't happen again...or this.

No comments: