Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Shamrocks and Hearts

As a Mom, I have always been a bit over the top on food for St. Patrick's Day. 
 Green everything. 
 I remember going so far as MAKING green bread for Chris' lunches when he was little. 
I don't do that anymore.
 I have never done some of the things I hear about...Leprechauns wreaking havoc in a room...hidden gold, etc. 
Just the food.
 Green begins with breakfast pancakes with whipped cream were this year's choice.
 I have a tab to the right in the labels marked St. Patrick's Day. In reading what I have done in the past, I think I may have a problem.
 
 
Lunch consisted of shamrock tortilla chips that I made from spinach tortillas and a cookie cutter, green cream cheese and cucumber sandwich, broccoli and green apples.
 
A couple St. Patrick's Day jokes completed the meal.
 
Dinner was, as always Corned Beef, new red taters and this year, asparagus that was too gorgeous not to purchase.
I have discovered my favorite way to cook Corned Beef as well.
I have used my crockpot for years for this. After I plunk the chuck of meet in the bottom, I add the seasoning packet and an extra bay leaf. 
I then add two cans of my favorite beer...Guinness.
I cook it on low for about 8 hours. 
It is tender, flavorful and sliced like a dream,
Do you have special St. Paddy's Day food each year?
The rest of this post is a bit random, but found these pics and wanted to make note of what I did because I WILL forget by next year.
Valentine's Day.
For my Hubby.
 
Last year, I started a week of Valentines for him and I think he was pleased.
I did the same basic idea this year, but changed the items a bit.
Each morning I snuck out to his truck and placed them on his dash or steering wheel. 
 




 
 

On Valentine's Day, he received a cool bottle of wine and a card. 
Not in his truck.
 The number on the front  was the number of minutes I since I had fallen in love with him.
 
 
Sugar Plum Fairy had a cake decorating meeting for 4-H so we also had dessert to boot.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.


 

 

2 comments:

twistedfencepost said...

How sweet! And fun!

Melinda said...

Love your ideas! The spinach tortilla chips were genius!