Friday, March 20, 2015

A Look Back

Spring is here? 
Did I miss winter?
 (I know anyone located anywhere but here is gnashing their teeth about now)
Sorry.
Here's looking back on March 19th of yesteryear.
 
March 19, 2009
Not sure if I was actually a cool Mom or just a lazy and irresponsible one.

March 21, 2010
The creek is dry as a bone this year....there little water in the lake and none extra to release.
Even if there were water to release, the ground would suck it up before it ever reached us.
Good grief, this is scary!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
March 19, 2011
Four years ago, I shared a bit of my Japanese sister in Japan.
She is such a sweetie!
 
March 19, 2012
Three years ago, we were kind of worried about the lack of rain and snowfall  in March. 
 I distinctly remember how these rain memories felt. 
 While we had had a lighter than normal season, we were still hopeful and Pollyanna-ish.
Not so much entering our 4th year of drought. 

We wonder if this is the end of a drought or are we just really entering a longer one?
Maybe three years from now, I'll look back here and the drought will be just a memory.
I hope.
And pray.
Constantly.
 
March 19, 2013
These two phrases along with "I am Sorry" are the most powerful of trifectas.
 
March 19, 2014
Making these geodes last year was a great success. 
 They have held up for decorations this year and are such a fun thing to do with kids.
Maybe this weekend?

 Whatever you are doing, I hope it is memorable for you!
 










1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sad memories of the drought.