Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Look Back

Another busy week around here.
Basketball will be done in a couple weeks and then I will have all the free time in the world!
I wonder why that never seems to come to fruition?
We were promised rain last weekend and I even washed my car in hopes that it would help.
 It was not to be.
  My brother in law told me that our town was in a "rain shadow".
I had never heard that term before, but picture a dot in the center of a piece of paper.
Now imagine that dot is our town.
 Everything  surrounding that dot, had rain.
Our loser town (I actually heard that on the radio) did not.
We had some misty, stuff for a short period of time, but our place had not ONE puddle!
  My clean car is literally covered in dust from our driveway.
 We thought the LAST 4 years of drought were bad...I fear this one will be filled with nothing but pain and heartache.
My friend Wanda in Massachusetts is looking into starting a snow shipment business...that might be our only hope around here.
On a happier note, I am having fun looking back through this blog each week and remembering what was happening way back when.
 I was just learning about Facebook in 2009.
Wow.
You can learn lots of odd things about  me  here.
Number one is a bit misleading...I actually MET my husband  a couple weeks or so prior to the castle. 
 I, in no way, was kissing strange men I met that fateful day in a castle...
Number 25 is what Sugar Plum Fairy's moniker was when I began blogging.
 
This is my second year of not being our 4-H cooking leader and I miss it.
I think I will jump back in next year.
 I remember a wide range of reactions when I told the kids in 2010 that we were making 
They were all converts afterward.
 I will always think of my best friend Debbie when I make it and it is a sure fire way to get my kids out of bed in the morning.
I can simply announce "biscuits and chocolate gravy" in their hallway and stand back as they rush to the kitchen.
 
February 13,  2011
This meal is still a favorite crock pot dinner.
 It is perfect for those days when there isn't a free moment but you know your troops will be famished by days end. 
Just remember to plug the crockpot in.
It helps a great deal.
http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2008/12/italian-sausage-cacciatore/
 
February 12, 2012
I love this tradition over our doorway
. The link in the original post is no longer valid, but is explained here.
 
 
February 12, 2013
Free weekends have always been a rare commodity around here where they are celebrated and cherished.
 
 
February 12, 2014
Has it only been a year since we made the treehouse into a girl's space
Time is indeed flying.


Happy Thursday!



My Three Gratitudes
16. Lollipop Pop and her muscles
17. Bandaids
18. Blue skies.
















2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing that recipe! I need it!

Melinda said...

I love looking back over my blog and seeing how things have changed - and remembering special moments. Who knew we were creating a time capsule when we started writing these little posts?