Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Where is Your Utopia

Do you ever have the desire to runaway? 
To just up and leave the tough decisions, the nagging doubts, the never ending homework, paperwork and projects? 
To a place where the calendars have more blank space that written reminders of places to go and people to see?
To let the chips fall where they may and let others pick up the pieces?
I understand there is a television show about a Utopian Society and frankly, the commercials freaked me out a bit.
Have you seen it?
I'm not sure precisely where my Utopia would be but I know it would include big trees, running streams and cool, clean air. 
There would also be no cell phones or television.
If you could escape reality in any location on the planet, where would it be?
Would you leave a forwarding address?
Since I am mostly a responsible, human adult, I guess I will stay put.
Besides, if I had been in some perfect, stress free place, I would have missed these two gems.
One of whom was complaining that she "can't remember the dates of her C-Sections."
I bet her kids' birthdays are more fun than a barrel full of monkeys.
 

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I often feel like crawling under a quilt and coloring with crayons. :) My utopia would include catered meals, lots of chocolate and fresh fruit in a luxurious hotel room in a quiet secluded area surrounded by trees and no other people. But for now I'd settle for a good book, a grandma quilt, soft music and a cup of tea in a quiet house with no teenage angst. Even that sounds impossible some days! Hope your days are getting better!