Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bounty

 Even though I got a late start on our garden, we are reaping its bounty. 
The tomatoes are just beginning to turn red and the Armenian cucumbers are growing by leaps and bounds each night. 
I KNOW those two at the bottom were not ready to pick yesterday!


We have two watermelon plants and two watermelons. 
 I love the Star and Moon variety. 
They look so purty.

 I have ONE cantaloupe plant with seven or eight melons. 
The last time I tried growing these, we had chickens.
 I learned that chickens like cantaloupe even more than I do AND they are faster than I was at "harvesting" them.
 The sunflowers are just pretty and I am looking forward to trying my hand at roasting the seeds.  Have you ever tried that?


 We have purple and green bell peppers , jalapenos as well as Eight Ball Zucchini ready every day.
And zinnias are just a happy flower. 
Don't you agree?
I love our garden!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Your melons are ahead of ours! We tried moon and stars for the first time last year and loved it! The plants look good this year - but still no melons! I love enjoying the bounty from the garden!