Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Birthdays, Flag Day and Father's Day Celebration

June is birthday month around these parts.
Mom's birthday also falls on Flag Day, which makes that easy to remember!
Last weekend, Mom and Dad came out for a quick and super easy dinner. 
Hey, we even threw Father's Day into the mix. 
The girls and I brought berries home from the coast and made this trifle.
The pics are lousy, I know, but the dessert really was pretty. 
 Pound cake layered with macerated strawberries & blueberries and whipped cream folded with lemon curd.
Yummy!
Shaggy and Lollipop Pop made Crab Risotto with fresh corn and basil. 
 Again...pretty yummy.
The best part was visiting with my parents around the table.
(The girls did a lovely job arranging that) 
We laughed at old tales.
Like me getting my head stuck in the automatic doors at the grocery store when I was four. 
 I VIVIDLY remember it.
We discussed new world issues AND solved them all.
There are world leaders who could have learned a thing or two or ten!
Seriously.


No comments: