Friday, May 9, 2014

What Moms Want

As mothers, we work hard to raise our children to be kind, good, spiritual and self sufficient adults.
 We become chauffeurs, cheerleaders, chefs, maids, short-order cooks and nurses over night.
Some of us give up careers.
Some of us do both.
We don't ask for much in return. 
A sticky kiss and an "I love you, Mommy" will more than suffice. 
A handmade card from her child can bring a Mom to tears.
Women can be complicated, but what Moms want is simple. 
We simply want to be loved and appreciated. 
That's it.
 I read this article last month that has stayed with me. 
It focuses on "Thank You" being two words that can change your marriage.
 I think it also applies to children in respect to their parents.
I am guessing that in most cases, a heartfelt "Thank You" will rank right there at the top of any Mother's Day gift list.
If you still are unsure or don't believe me, watch this.(There is an advertisement I couldn't get rid of, but the good part starts about 50 seconds in)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is very good. Thank you for sharing this.