Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Truism

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”
Washington Irving
 
My beautiful mom loving a 17 month old me
On one hand, it amazes me that  my mother's love has always been unconditional. 
Even in those years that I took out my anger against her and yelled made her feel sad, scared, worried and ticked off, she loved me. 
She prayed for me.
 She loathed the things I did and said, but she loved ME.
The me that was buried under selfishness for a time.
That love plays a huge part in who I am today.
It molded me into the mother I am. 
One the other hand, that same mother's love is precisely the way I feel about these three humans.
Unconditional.
All encompassing.
True.
Eternal.
Disney's Fantasy 2013
 
 “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.”
Abraham Lincoln




 






 

2 comments:

barb said...

Happy Mother's Day!! You are a great mom to 3 great kids!

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day!