Monday, April 28, 2014

Whirlwind Weekend

It hardly seems possible that Easter was just a week ago. 
Such a busy, whirlwind week around these parts.  
 I will give you detailed instructions on how to drill a water well soon, but want to sort through the fun stuff first.  
We spent last Saturday with my Hubby's family.  
We were all together and had a nice time.   
The babies were there.
The baby's have never, nor will ever, lack in loving arms or attention.
Shaggy has always had a way with babies.
  He adored and doted over both of his sisters and nothing has changed...
in regards to babies...
the doting over his sisters ended.
 It really is fun to watch.
That is until sunglasses were nibbled on and a diaper change was needed. 
Having twins in the family means once that happens, you can just swap babies for a clean one.
Resurrection Cookies were made and the table set for Sunday morning. 
We were having Lollipop Pop's Birthday Brunch with my family after Mass. 
We would have our family Easter dinner that evening before Shaggy left for college.
The Easter Bunny came and before our guests arrived, we hunted.
  It is always a good feeling when ALL the eggs are found. 
That has not always been the case.
 
  




















Lollipop Pop and Shaggy both requested family photos after Mass. 
 I was so happy to not have to ask nor cajole this year. 
Lollipop Pop wanted to recreate the first Easter picture with all three kidnicks.

 Brunch was yummy and the guest of honor looked lovely. 
 She requested French Toast Strata and bacon. 
 I added strawberries and we were good to go.
Being together on this morning was extra special and meant a lot to all of us.
 My nephew was at school and could make it home, but his Mom kept him in the loop with texts.  Technology does come in handy from time to time.!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mom and Dad's anniversary was earlier in the month so they opened their gift from my sister's family. 
 It is a gorgeous wind chime cut from an oxygen tank. 
I have been drooling over these for years.
  It may disappear from their yard one day.

After our guests went on their merry ways, all traces of a birthday celebration was put away and the Easter table was set.


Shaggy changed some transportation details and was able to stay the night so there was no rush.
A menu and instructions for the evening were drawn up. 
 I am glad that everything was free.


I must say that, while it was a full day and tiring, it was one of the best days in my memory. 
 Good food, laughter and family...doesn't get much better than that.
(On a side note...I had no shoes on and I am in a hole. That's why I appear to be shorter than Lollipop Pop...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like such a fun time with family. And, you have a beautiful family at that!

J said...

What a beautiful family!

Melinda said...

Loved seeing the family pictures! And your table was gorgeous!