Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Thankful for Life

Several months ago, I came across a blog post that stopped me in my tracks and spoke to my heart. 
 I saved it and as I lay awake a couple nights ago worrying and praying and asking questions, it spoke to me again.
We received a phone call on Sunday that our adult nephew was in an accident.
Motorcycle.
Similar to the one that took his leg 9 years ago.
That night I was questioning God. 
 "Why, again?"
"Why him?"
"Hasn't he been through enough?"
Today, I am still struggling  for answers although I am not certain there are answers to those questions.  
 The difference in this accident is that surgery was able has saved his leg.
He will have a long and probably not easy road to recovery, but he is alive.
He is strong and he is surrounded by family and friends who will help in any way possible.
For that, we are abundantly thankful.
Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11: 28-30