Thursday, April 10, 2014

It's My Brother's Birthday!

 
 When I was a little girl, I wanted an older brother...and a horse. 
I would have to wait until I was an adult for a horse, but when I was in high school, I gained an older brother. 
C and I at the Hearts and Flowers Dance 1983(AKA Sadie Hawkins)
 One of my first memories of him was in our Creative Writing class, where I learned all the NFL Football team's names...not from the teacher.
No idea where she was when this was going on. 
One of C's first memories of ME was in Mr. Vinson's freshman English class when I walked in wearing a white "fur" coat. 
In my defense, I had been paying for that beauty on layaway and K-Mart for ages...and it had a hood.
 
Renaissance Festival in English. C is the white shirted trumpet player
I admired C and looked up to him. 
When he married my sister, it became official. 
I had a brother. 
C was at the hospital the day Shaggy was born, is his Godfather and was there for his graduation...as well as everything in between.
He is a great father in his own right and he adores my sister.
This man witnessed my worst and still loved me.
Today I want to wish him a happy birthday and thank him for being my older brother...even if older only means a month. 
I love you!
 

No comments: