Monday, November 4, 2013

Utter Deliciousness

 I finally picked up a box of apples from the stand in the foothills and made a variety of things...applesauce for the freezer and a new Apple Pumpkin Butter Recipe among them.
 My Great Aunt Nell's recipe for Apple Butter is incomparable, but I still have some jars, so I tried this
The jam is cooked in the crock pot and can be done over several days if you have a hectic life. 
Perfect.
  I varied the recipe a bit in that I can not locate maple sugar in this town, so I just substituted real maple syrup. 
I also used my frozen, homemade pumpkin puree.
 I ended up cooking it longer than the recipe stated, but only because I got tied up during the day.
Again, the perfect recipe. 
 
I canned this, so I also gave the finished jars a water bath for 10 minutes.
It smelled divine and is very tasty!
AND there is no sweeter sound when canning,  than the pings emanating from the kitchen. 

Delicious success!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That does look fantastic!