Sunday, October 13, 2013

Autumn is Here


We have had some amazingly cool weather recently that had me
cooking up a storm for the freezer.  I also made my first pot of soup of the year.  Split Pea and Ham. Serious comfort food.  I also added a few autumn like items around the house.
Several years ago at Thanksgiving, we all wrote what we were thankful for on paper leaves.
When I read my sister's contribution, I misread "roots" for "cooks"...then "kooks". 
All are applicable.
I am in love with owls this year for some reason.
 These guys were at the Dollar Store and I spray painted them.

 
This one is sitting in the window above my computer.  She makes me smile.  Sugar Plum Fairy was playing with her the other day and has her daintily crossing her legs. 
THAT made me happy or some reason. 
 Do you decorate for Autumn?
 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I do decorate for fall. Pumpkins, gourds, and corn stalks all around.

Country Gal said...

LOVE the fall sign in the first picture! We finally got the fall decorations out and realized that when we change them it will be for Christmas decorations!