Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Musical Evening

Last weekend marked the first in the series of band competitions for Lollipop Pop. 
I have mentioned before that she is in the same band I was in high school. 
The band has only had two directors in the high school's history. 
This man was my director. 
 Lollipop Pop's director was a student of his as well.
At the beginning of the school year, Mr. Justin  explained the changes he was making this year.  Several big things that broke from the tradition was had known always. 
 I sent him a note of encouragement and support. 
 This town is filled with traditions that have never been touched. 
Some in desperate need of updating.
 Mr. Justin was seeing his band caught up in one and wanted to try something new. 
Something fresh. 
 Included in the changes, were the competitions that the band would participate in. 
 Twice as many and with bands that, frankly,  are fantastic! 
Our kidnicks have some work to do, but the experience of seeing such great musical talent and working toward that goal, is nice to see. 
 
I also got to watch my niece, Emily play with her band and visit with my sister a bit...AFTER a dinner date with my husband.
 
 
 Hmmm...I think I might I like this new tradition.

1 comment:

Country Gal said...

Dinner date with your hubby is must -save tradition!