Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My New Favorite Lunch

This salad has rapidly become my new favorite. 
The sweetness from the balsamic, the creaminess from the avocado and the slight crunch from the broccoli makes it a winner in my book. 
I recently got on a kick of pulverizing my broccoli for a week of munching.  
 I can add it to salads and "hide it" in a Marinara Sauce.
I think it will also add a nice texture to soups if it ever gets cold enough again for soup.
It is also great using a balsamic reduction. 
 A little goes a long way, but boy is it good!

 Broccoli Quinoa Salad
1 cup pulverized broccoli (about 2 cups chopped)
1/4 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
1 tomato, diced
1/2 chicken breast (about 3.5 ounces)...cooked and diced
1/2 avocado, diced
1 TBL Balsamic
(or 1 tsp. balsamic reduction...simmer balsamic vinegar until reduced by 2/3..store in jar in fridge)
Toss together and enjoy!
 

2 comments:

Liz N said...

Looks good Jen!

Nancy said...

Love everything on this plate. Yum!