Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Family Angel

As you may remember, my mother in law is 90 years old and still lives in her own home.
What a blessing
That is made easier by a trio of ladies who come in and stay with her. 
 They have all rapidly become like family. 
 Odette has been there the longest and spends the bulk of the time with her. 
Odette is her companion during the week. 
She listens and she loves. 
 Tomorrow marks her 2nd anniversary with our family.
  Last year I made my Lemon Cake for Odette and she loved it! 
I think she loved the idea that my husband and his sisters remembered and thought to show her...but the cake IS pretty good.
I know Shaggy has photos of Odette and Baba on his phone, but think calling him at 5:00am might irritate him. 
Suffice it to say that Odette is an angel. 
She is loved and appreciated beyond words.
Now for the cake...let me preface that as I was writing this post, I looked in my husband's calendar to see if it was 2 or 3 years that Odette has been with us.
Well, it seems that when I wrote "Odette Cake" on MY calendar several weeks ago, I wrote it on the day I was to MAKE the cake...not DELIVER it.  
So...the cake was made a day early and will be delivered today. 
Oh well.
Another thing...as I was reading last year's post, I laughed out loud...seems the problem I had at that time regarding the gas tank on my car is still alive and well. 
 I did that same exact thing yesterday!
I think I need an Odette to come live with me!
 

No comments: