Sunday, August 11, 2013

Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix- Updated

The Ranch Dressing Mix that I make at home was discovered here. 
Lora has great recipes that include healthier versions of old favorites...check it out.
 
Anyway, here is what I do...I always at least double this recipe...depends on how much of the herbs and spices I have on hand at the time.  I then store it in my old standby...Mason Jars.
 
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons black pepper (I like white pepper in this)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
1 teaspoon dried basil
4 teaspoons onion powder
4 teaspoon dill
Add all to a jar, shake and store in cool, dry place.
1 Tablespoon equals approximately one packet of prepackaged mix. 
 
 
Here are the ingredients of the pre-packaged stuff as a comparison.
Maltodextrin, dried buttermilk, salt, monosodium glutamate, dried garlic, dried onion, lactic acid, citric acid, spices and artificial flavors.
 
I always wonder what artificial flavors include.

Add 1 TBL of mix to 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup buttermilk for dressing. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This sounds good and I already have those tiny jars!