Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day

Shaggy waited until the day before he was to leave for college to pack. 
We had gathered sheets, towels and things of that sort and that was done earlier.
  Sitting on his floor watching him pack his clothes and watching what mementos he took with him was interesting and something I will cherish. 
He let me into this personal time and we talked  and I learned.
Leaving the house in the morning was bittersweet. 
We JUST brought him home from the hospital.
Yesterday.
 
The trip to Southern California sped by...that is not usually the case. 
My sister was dropping her son off in the same area at the same time, so I texted photos to her to see where on the road they were...
too bad I sent them to her home phone instead of her cell...
wondered why she was ignoring me.





 


 His dorm is a typical dorm room and he has settled in nicely. 
As he begins classes today, I am excited by what he will accomplish. 
The new experiences and opportunities he will have.
The new friends he will make.
This is HIS life now. 
 I am just his cheerleader.

 

1 comment:

twistedfencepost said...

So sad. And so exciting!
Oh the places he'll go.
Good luck to you, Shaggy, we're cheering for you in the eastcoast!