Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Balsamic Chicken Recipe

I am always on the look out for easy and healthy dinner recipes. 
Using the crockpot is always an added bonus for me.
I discovered this one on Facebook recently and had to give it a try. 
The ingredients are simple and the prep time is next to nothing.  
 
 The sauce that this creates is fantastic! 
The balsamic cooks down and becomes extra sweet and flavorful with the spices and garlic. 
 I served with roasted sweet taters and carrots. 
Rice would be delicious as well.
 
Balsamic Crockpot Chicken 
Combine 4 minced garlic cloves with 1 TBL Extra virgin Olive Oil and place in bottom of crockpot.
 
 
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
 
Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and coat 24 oz. chicken (8 thighs or 4 breasts) with mix.
Place in crockpot.
 
Pour 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar over all.
Cook on high 3- 4 hours until cook through or 5-6 on low until done. (I actually used frozen breasts...still frozen because I forgot to take them out of the freezer...I cooked them on high for one hour and then on low for 4ish hours)
 Sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired. 
Seriously yummy and the house smells divine!
I diced some leftover chicken and a diced peach for lunch the following day...the sauce is a fantastic dressing!
Let me know what you think!




No comments: