Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Prayer Request

As I have mentioned before, I grew up in the U.S. Forest Service. 
 Once you were part of that family of old, you are a member always. 
 I was born in God's Country, Mt. Shasta, and the friends that my parents made during those years remain to this day, some of their closest. 
Many of them helped us create their "Birthday Book"  recently. 
 Of these many friends, two couples became so much more. 
 I wrote about Allie last year and today I want to introduce Sharon. 
Sharon and Ron had a boy just a few months younger than I and Ron worked for the Forest Service.
Sharon and Allie both, became the sisters my Mom never had and the antics that the menfolk pulled leave me in stitches when I hear of them. 
Long story short....Ron was diagnosed with cancer and passed away leaving Sharon to raise this little boy. 
 
 She did a job beyond amazing.
She worked doing whatever jobs she needed to and built a beautiful home for themselves in the mountains. 
She encouraged his ski racing and he became one of the best. 
Sharon was the one who talked and worried with my Mom when I was a snotty teenager who knew more than everyone. 
Somewhere along the line, Sharon met Dick. 
Her soul mate.
 Dick and Sharon were married and had a son. 
 This new family carried on and is amazing.
  When my sister and I surprised our folks with dinner on their 25th anniversary, Sharon & Dick and Bob and Allie were the two couples we included.
As our annual reunions started after that dinner, David and his wife joined us from time to time. 
Still one big family. 
Sharon is also the one who taught my father to do "do shots"....bad influence, I tell ya'!
 
Now is where I am asking for your prayers. 
Sharon and Dick as well as David and Kim
 live within sight of the Rim Fire.
Will you pray for the safety of all those in the path of this fire? 
And the safety of the firefighters.
Sharon and Dick's son is a Hot Shot firefighter. 
 
Night before last, they could see flames and are still under "evacuation advisory". 
This is one step from "Mandatory Evacuation".
This fire is an ugly and frightening one.
  Sharon said last night that it has
become the #1priority fire in the nation.
 
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

 
 

2 comments:

WMC said...

Prayers sent up for all Jen! Have no worries about that.

Wishing peace for all of you.

twistedfencepost said...

I have been praying for those affected by this.
I have not experienced a wildfire and do not wish to.
My home burnt, due to a grease fire, when I was 15. I know what it's like to lose it all.
I will continue to send up prayers until the fires are under control!